Monday, October 6, 2008

impact television

Like everyone knows, TV has played, and still does play, a huge role in society. After talking with my gramma about how radio impacted her life growing up, I thought it would be beneficial to discuss TV with my father. Being born a "baby boomer" my father said TV became part of everyday life. It was interesting to look at the www.mztv.com website with him because he is was around through the timeline. Like most, he can recall exactly where and what he was doing with President Kennedy was assinated. He told me that it was similar to the 911 of my lifetime. He talked about watching MLK's amazing speech on his parents black and white TV. To him, like the rest of America TV was not just an entertainment source it was also an important news and historical source. TV has truly and will continue to touch the lives of millions.

No comments: